Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Holiday Calendar


Hello, again! Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner?! Wasn't it just Easter? Anyway, I wanted to share with everyone the important dates coming up at the studio, as well as performances where you can catch a bit of my work and enjoy some holiday cheer in the process. I'll try to keep this as organized and readable as possible! Also, don't you just love this "thread tree" from All Sorts'? What a great idea!

Sunday, 11/16 - Sewing Lounge! A fun, drop-in chance to use professional machines, work on random crafts (no sewing required!) and get expert advice for personal projects. 1-4 PM, $10/hour, wine and hors d'ouevres.

Thursday, 11/20 - A FREE Performance of the Chesapeake Shakespeare Company's Salon Show At the Howard County Arts Center in Ellicott City, MD. Visit http://www.chesapeakeshakespeare.com/ for more details.


November 14-16, 20-22 - MAD Theater's "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" MAD is the Music and Drama Club at the NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, in Greenbelt, MD. Visit http://www.madtheater.org/ for more information.


Thursday, December 4th - New York City Fabric Tour Once a month I lead a small group around NYC's Fashion District to tour the shops and teach them the ins and outs of the industry from a professional's perspective. December's trip will undoubtedly be very festive, so join us! Call 301-604-4139 to reserve your spot!


Tuesday, December 9th -- On Purpose Network's Holiday Sale On Purpose Network for Women is holding their annual Christmas bazaar at the Hawthorne Community Center from5:30-9:00 PM. I'll be there selling my own designs and taking orders for custom work.

Saturday, December 20th -- Marriotts Ridge HS Madrigals Perfom at the National Gallery of Art I made the costumes for these amazing singers and am thrilled that they're going to perform at the National Gallery. I recommend getting your holiday shopping done early so you can avoid the mall and head down to... well, the Mall! The National Mall, of course! Performance is at 1 PM.


Sunday, December 21st -- Sewing Lounge! Take a break from holiday madness (trust me, my studio is a great place to hide!) and relax with other women. My daughter is making her famous (infamous?) mulled wine cider and there will be lots of fun holiday goodies, both to make and eat. Again, knowing how to sew is not a requirement. 1-4 PM, $10/hour, wine and hors d'ouevres.


Well, I hope that was decipherable and I hope to see you at one of these events! And, as always, you can visit www.sewingdesignstudio.com or call me at 301-604-4139 for more information.

No comments: