Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fabric Tour in NYC


On May 3, Marilyn, Dori, and I took a day trip up to New York to tour the fabric district. Lasting from 6am to 10pm including the four hour rides up and back, it was a very long but equally satisfying day.  We each had different goals in mind: me to find notions for my wedding dress, Marilyn to find fabric for a skirt for a client, and Dori to have an adventure! All three of us succeeded in our quests, and I took a lot of really grainy pictures in the meantime.

Enjoy our trip, and let us know if you're interested in coming with us on our next one!

Our chariot

 Times Square is pedestrian only now... what?

Of course we went straight to the silks

 Marilyn explaining to Dori the most important
rules of creating patterns for specific fabrics

Notes!

Heaven in a fabric store

The indomitable button

Second stop

Marilyn's favorite fabric; she comes and checks on it every trip

Noms

...and it just so happened, my friend from Russia was in
 NYC on the same day! Talk about good timing!

So many trims, so little time

If you look really hard, you can see Dori buried in trim

Did anyone else not know this brilliant invention existed??

Right before I got in trouble for taking pictures inside the store

Success! Applique for my wedding dress :)

Yes, this is a real place.

We returned home that night tired, happy, and laden with our purchases from the day. Marilyn is from New York and I just love visiting, so we're always looking forward to the next trip.  Let us know if you're interested in coming with us next time!

No comments: