Thursday, October 14, 2010

Synapse Theater Presents The Miracle Worker and I Learn About the Cult of Rapture

Synapse Theater’s production of the Miracle Worker opens October 22nd! I love this show so I’m excited to be the costume designer for it. For the past 4 days I’ve been fitting actors into costumes borrowed from Port Tobacco and from my business’s costume closet. This is going to be a well dressed cast!

As much as I enjoy playing in aubergine silk, I love costumes too.

That makes my recent commission for a Cult of Rapture costume all the more interesting. It’s not in silk, but the adult sized costume for this little girl will be aubergine! Remember what I said about aubergine being the new black? Anyway, I’d never heard of the Cult of Rapture before this week, but the project should be fun!

No comments: