Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Theatre Troupes Everywhere Can Take a Lesson from Chesapeake Shakespeare Company...

Tonight I have a meeting with the directors of the Chesapeake Shakespeare Company to make some corsets for their next production, The Country Wife, and I just have to state for the record that working with this company has been a breath of fresh air. Too often in community- and regional-based theatre, the level of organization leaves much to be desired (and the level of drama leaves much less to be desired), but CSC is really breaking the mold. I had a script right away, no one changed their mind late in the game, and I felt like a respected member and friend of the company, not a slave girl to stage divas.

I really look forward to continuing a great working relationship with CSC, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we hope you'll plan on seeing The Country Wife! Check the CSC website (linked above) for details.

No comments: