Friday, April 4, 2008

Working on the Trunk Show

Anca and I met today to finalize some things for the Trunk Show next Sunday
(April 13th from 2 to 8 pm) and Sandra Bearden from Jahari's Spiritual Jewelry was also in today to drop off the jewelry she made for the Show to complement the garments that Anca and I have made. It promises to be a great show with clothing styles that are just not available in the stores. I hope all of you will be able to come! Trunk Shows are fun because you get to be the models and the designers are right there so you can ask questions and get advice.
I've got a number of skirts, some jackets (several have hand painted linings!) and a very unique dress I made for a design competition...it's actually 4 dresses and a skirt in one! You have to see it to believe it. There are the 2 capes I made that won prizes at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival and I've decided to include some of the decorator pillows and home dec stuff. I hope to make some more things this coming week.
Anca showed me photos of some of the things she has made and I loved them and you're gonna love them, too! Lots of beautiful fabrics, prints and solids, formal to casual...I don't want to give away too much, so plan to come!
As working designers, Anca and I know that every body is unique so fit is always an issue. We have agreed that if you like something, but the fit or color doesn't suit you, most garments can be ordered as a custom garment. That lets you in on the design process!
I'm getting more excited just telling you about it. And guess what!!!! Our Trunk Show will be mentioned in the Washingtonian Magazine in the Roundup column! Thanks, Hannah!
And don't forget, your ticket price is refunded with your first purchase at the show, a real win-win for everyone!

No comments: