Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Introductions

Hello everyone =]



I'm Stephanie and I am currently an intern with Mrs. Johnson at The Marilyn Johnson Sewing and Creative Fabric Studio. I am also interning with another student, Rachel, but we both have different purposes of being here. I'm mainly focused on the marketing aspect of this business, while Rachel is here actually learning how to sew first hand with Mrs. Johnson.



Now...I'm excited to introduce the innovative and creative designer/mother/wife/mentor...Mrs. Johnson!



She's a really great mentor and has extensive knowledge in so many different fields of interest. So far I've been able to meet a lot of interesting clients that Mrs. Johnson has, such as Poe the mascot from the Baltimore Ravens. Never thought I would ever meet him in person. I've seen Mrs. Johnson work on so many different projects since I've been here. Her most recent was designing and then creating costumes for the White House Historical Association, which Rachel and I both got to be a part of. She's a very active member of the community and is a member of several different organizations. Mrs. Johnson just recently received an award for Maryland's Top 100 MBE's for the year 2007. If she isn't making costumes for an upcoming production, receiving acknowledgements for her accomplishments, or designing clothes for clients, she's being a mom.
Her son Kevin, just joined the Marine Corp this past summer and her daughter, Jessica just recently got married this past November. But now that her children are all grown up and on their own her main focus has been running her studio and keeping up with the lastest episodes of Project Runway, her alltime favorite tv show. Her theatrical closet consists of over 1000 costumes, so if you're ever looking to put on a show or maybe go out for a theme day, she can satisfy your needs. And if she doesn't have what you're looking for, she's always willing to custom design and create it for you.


This blog was my idea and so I started out this blog for Mrs. Johnson, but from here on out, she will be taking over the blog. She will be checking and updating it regularly so please feel free to stop by and take a look at her latest entries. Also, if you have any questions or comments, she wants to hear your feedback and answer any questions you may have.



Thank you =)

Stephanie

No comments: